Wednesday, August 5, 2009

July 2009 Fan Pack Success

On July 23, 2009, I decided to start sending out fan pack request to teams in the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, WNBA and minor league baseball. Over the next few days I managed to send out over 100 fan pack requests, mostly via email, but some snail mail requests with SASE were required.

When I was tweleve I used to send out requests to teams for a team photo via a letter and I received several fan packs in return, which included more than the team photo I requested. Now at 27, I am sending out fan pack requests to more than just my favorite teams and with the goal in mind to research and share my information with those who will listen.
San Francisco Giants

On July 27, 2009 I received back my first fan pack. The fan pack I received was from the San Francisco Giants via an attachment in an email from a request I had sent out on July 25, 2009. The fan pack included a letter from the Giants, a 2009 schedule, a fun page and information on the Giants Kid's Club. I found this fan pack interesting because technology has allowed the fan to request fan packs via email for the most part, saving the fan from buying envelops, stamps and paper to make the request and here the Giants are able to save on that same expense and still provide their fans with a fan pack.

If you are interested in obtaining this fan pack send your request to: fanfeedback@giants.mlb.com

Milwaukee Brewers
On July 29, 2009 I received my first fan pack in the mail. I sent out my request to the Brewers via email on July 23, 2009. In this fan pack request, I made a special request to obtain a Frank Catalanotto photo card (as he is my favorite player), but this request was not met. I did; however, receive two schedules, two stickers, a magnet, photocards of Mat Gamel and Jason Kendall and a pin of #7 J.J. Hardy. I really enjoyed receiving this fan pack.

If you are interested in obtaining a fan pack from the Brewers email them at: fanfeedback@brewers.mlb.com



Chicago White Sox

On July 29, 2009, I also received a fan pack from the Chicago White Sox after emailing them on July 23, 2009. This fan pack was highlighted with a Sox sticker, in addition to two schedules, a letter from the White Sox, and information to join their Kid's Club and ordering merchandise.

If you are interested in acquiring a fan pack from the Chicago White Sox email them at: fanfeedback@whitesox.mlb.com

Baltimore Orioles

On July 31, 2009, I received the best fan pack to date from the Baltimore Orioles. I sent out my request to the Orioles on July 23, 2009, via an email and received an email on July 27, 2009 saying they would be happy to send me a fan pack and that I would be receving it in the mail shortly.
This fan pack included a letter from the Orioles, informational pamphlets, two stickers, two postcards, two schedules and photocards of Matt Weiters, Brian Roberts and their Mascot.
You can contact the Orioles at : fanfeedback@orioles.mlb.com
Altoona Curve
The final fan pack I received in July was from a minor league baseball team the Altoona Curve (Pittsburg Pirates affiliate) on July 31, 2009. I sent out an email request for this fan pack on July 28, 2009. I received two schedules and photocards from James Johnson and Javier Guzman.
The Curve can be contacted at: frontoffice@altoonacurve.com
I have already received fan packs every day in August and will be sharing those details within the next few days. If there is a particular team you are looking to contact to request a fan pack from and need the information, I may be able to help. Leave a comment to this post and I will attmept to help you out.
Anyone else who currently collects fan packs or is going to start may also leave comments to my posts detailing their success. From research I have done so far, not all fan packs contain the same items and will usually contain different photocards of players.

No comments:

Post a Comment